A Frost Fairytale (Augmented Reality)
Location: Thames riverside path (next to Millenium Bridge)
- Artist: Everfresh
- Country of origin: Germany
- Mediums of choice: A mix technique of 3D and 2D frame by frame animation,
combined with music I produce.
- Style: Colourful, trippy, whimsical and rhythmic.
- Personal inspiration: The visual and sound aesthetics of the 70s, and contemporary digital art.
- Artistic inspiration: Masanobu Hiraoka (Japanese director, animator and illustrator).
- Frost Fair inspiration: The accounts, paintings and etchings of the Frost Fairs come to us from over 200 years ago. They tell of wonder, spectacle and strange happenings, like the Elephant that appeared on the ice at the last Frost Fair of 1814. These faded memories have a dreamlike quality, and I wanted to capture that in the movement and music of my piece. I wanted to free the bears that were baited for fun, create a sense of mischief, and imagine their run for liberty echoed by the freedom of the fish that carried on their activities, below the frozen surface. I imagined what it must have been like to have been on the ice, in the middle of the mighty Thames, skating and soaring on the swinging boats that feature prominently in the paintings from that time, surrounded by the abundance of architectural wonders – old London Bridge,
Find out more about the artist