13-15 Copperfield Street, SE1 0EP
The original All Hallows’ Church was a fine example of Victorian gothic architecture built by George Gilbert Scott Junior in 1879-80. It was almost entirely destroyed during the Blitz and fragments of the building remain, including two stone archways and a chapel, all incorporated into a rebuilding of the north aisle of the church in 1957.
The remainder of the bombsite rubble was restored to create an award-winning walled garden with lawns, flower beds and shrubbery. Although owned by Southwark Cathedral, the garden has been managed voluntarily by a local group, the Copperfield Street Community Gardeners for over 40 years and is supported by Bankside Open Spaces Trust (BOST).